The museum offers entrance tickets and guided tours. Museum entrance tickets can be purchased from the museum cash desk, as well as in advance, by purchasing an e-ticket from the official website of the museum. You can buy online both tickets and guided tours from the museum website. The purchased tickets will not be refunded.
- The entrance ticket costs 2000 drams
- For pensioners who are citizens of RA and refugees – 1000 drams
- For students – 500 drams
- For pupils – 300 drams
- A guided tour in Armenian costs 3000 drams
- A guided tour in Russian, English, French, German or Italian costs 5000 drams
Guided Tours and Group Visits
A guided tour ticket can be purchased at the museum cash desk on the day of your visit. Guided tours are organized by the Department of Excursion Work at the History Museum of Armenia on all workdays. Guided tours are offered in Armenian, Russian, English, French, German and Italian.
A guided tour includes the entire museum expositions, which represent the whole picture of Armenia’s history and culture, from prehistoric times (1.8 million years ago) until our days. The tour starts at the appointed time.
A guided tour can be pre-ordered with one of the following options:
In case of group visits, the maximum number of visitors in one group should not exceed 25 people, with the exception for groups of schoolchildren.
Online ticket purchase
- You can buy a ticket and a guided tour online from the official website of the museum.
- At the end of the online ticket purchase, you will receive an e-ticket.
- You can submit an electronic ticket to the museum both in print or electronic form.
- The maximum number of tickets should not exceed 25 in case of one online purchase.
- For a group visit, it is not required to indicate the names of all the visitors when purchasing e-tickets; all e-tickets will be in the name of the buyer and will be used on the same day.
- The purchased ticket (except for a guided tour ticket), gives an opportunity to visit the museum within 180 days, starting from the date of purchase.
- The ticket allows access to all museum halls.
- It is not possible to make online purchases of free visit tickets. Free tickets can be obtained from the cash desk, by submitting a personal identification and status document (see the information on free tickets below).
- The tour starts at the appointed time.
- The place of meeting is the main entrance of the museum.
- In case of being late for the scheduled time, the visitor may lose the opportunity to participate in the guided tour, but can visit the museum on his/her own.
- Online purchased tickets are not refundable.
Free Ticket Privileges
Free access privileges, established for the following groups:
- state official delegations, members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM), museum workers, children who lost both parents, elderly people in need of special care and household services, participants of the Second World War (of the Republic of Armenia and former USSR states), members of the families of servicemen killed, performing their service duties during military actions on the territories of the Republic of Armenia and the Republic of Artsakh, disabled people of the first group (and the accompanying person), disabled people of the second and the third groups (without the accompanying person), beneficiaries included in the poverty (family) benefit system, children from large families, conscript soldiers, schoolchildren from the border areas of the Republic of Armenia (based on applications, presented in advance), journalists performing their working duties, and pre-school age children on all workdays,
- for citizens of the Republic of Armenia on the last Saturday of each month (except May and September),
- the free access privilege is used for the attendant of a school group on all workdays.