This three-dimensional sculpture of a cross has extended vertical arms (one horizontal arm is missing). Rich acanthus scrolls, symbolizing growth of the cross, emerge from the base and reach the horizontal arm. The arms of the cross terminate in double circular frames, resembling gemstones. Similar sculptures of crosses were erected on memorial columns in the early Middle Age.
Collection : Archaeological collection
Exposition : Armenia in the 4th – 9th cc.
Period : Middle Ages
Era : 6th-7th centuries
Location : Ararat
Place : Dvin
Material : Stone
Inventar # : 1905-34